Class of 2015: Stephen Zimmerman – Player Profile
Five-Star center Stephen Zimmerman is currently the No. 6 player in the class of 2015 according to ESPN, leading his high school to three straight division 1 championships and receiving one of 12 invitations to USA Basketball’s U18 team. So far he’s fielded offers from numerous top-tier schools including the University of Kentucky, UCLA, Kansas, Arizona, UNLV, Indiana and UNC.
- Birthday: 09/09/96
- Position: C/PF
- Height: 7’3″
- Wingspan: 7’0″
- Weight: 240
- Hometown: Las Vegas, Nevada
- School: Bishop Gorman High School
- Draft Class: 2016
- Statistics: 14.8 PPG, 9.7 RPG, 3.0 APG, 2.9 BPG
- Extremely long and mobile center. Uses his athleticism to dominate in the interior and a crafty set of offensive moves to generate buckets in a hurry. Although his mechanics still need some refining, Zimmerman has shown he can shoot the ball proficiently from both mid to long range, indicating he can be an excellent stretch 4 or 5. He’s also a surprisingly skilled ball handler for a player of his size, which allows him to create offense for himself and his teammates without needing to be constantly parked in the paint.
- Not a great intimidator in the paint, often settling to sit outside of the restricted area instead of being the necessary defensive anchor his team needs. Although he’s getting closer to an NBA weight, it’s imperative he adds more muscle to his lanky frame so that he doesn’t get bullied by other big men once in college.
NBA Comparison: Spencer Hawes/Josh McRoberts
Hit me up on Twitter @fieldhoops and lets talk basketball!